Saturday, April 30, 2011

Pursued

When I look at You. I see forgiveness, and I see grace. In my confusion and awe of Who You are, I feel comfort. I feel safe. I can’t see You. I can’t touch You. But I feel You. “It’s like the wind. I can’t see it. But I can feel it.”
I’m 18 years old, with a history and a past, like everyone else. With sins, and with failures. But this isn’t about that. I am not about that. I used to be about that, but looking back isn’t worth it. Not when you have Jesus, and heaven to look forward to. This is about forgiveness and grace, this is about how God can take ashes and make them into beauty. This is about God.
Who I am today is not who I was yesterday, it is not who I will be tomorrow, or a year from now. But, who God was yesterday is who He is today. It is who He will be forever. In a world that never stops changing, we find the one constant, the only thing impenetrable by time- the Lord our God. We can run, and we can hide, but His forgiveness, His grace, and His love don’t leave. They wait.
I’ve been reading “Crazy Love,” by Francis Chan. I started it so that I could use it for an essay assignment, and attempted to read through it in two sittings. I did so, one of the quickest readings of a book like that I’ve ever done. But it was enough, enough to convict me of being a luke-warm Christian. I have said so much about my relationship with God to others, in blogs, in essays...but it’s not true. When you tell yourself something so many times, you begin to think it’s true- and then you read something like Crazy Love. I will definitely be reading it again this week, but from a totally different perspective.
People usually only remember one or two things from a post or from a speech. So, remember this- God is a God of love, and although He doesn’t need OUR love, He WANTS it. Think about that. It’s a strong and powerful truth.
Someone is pursuing us, Someone who doesn’t give up. Why aren’t we responding the same?


~SarahLydia
{< Forgiven by Grace >}

Ink Spills by {{Beauty from Ashes}}

No comments:

Post a Comment